I I just want to share a little bit of wisdom. Make somebody smile. Give a little hope, and hopefully inspire someone to be something amazing. I hope that you enjoy my novels, my poems, and my words of encouragement, enlightenment, and motivation. I guess I figure if I help others make it down this road called life, I'll be helping myself as well. Feel free to comment or ask me anything. We're in this together. Love and much respect to you all. -Author K. E. Hawthorne
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
The Cycle Unbroken
As a child I would sit on my living room couch, crying and waiting for someone to come home to love me. I can still see myself, nine years old, sitting on that brown couch, staring at the doors with tears streaming down my face. I can remember crying and pleading for someone to come save me. To take away the hunger pains that kept stabbing my stomach, to take the nagging feeling of being thrown away and left for trash.
Whenever my mother did decide to come home it was like I was invisible or a pestering fly that would not go away. She came home, slept, changed her clothes, and headed back out the door. The most she would say is " don't let nobody in while I'm gone". No kiss, no hugs, no your dinner is in the oven. Truth is, I often stole pancake mix from the local corner store just to have a meal. I knew where my mother was and would often walk to the bar she hung out at. When she would see me there she would "play nice", escort me out, and then tell me to take my fast behind home. She would say I don't have the right to got out looking for her, she was my mother.
So I would head back to that lonely apartment and sit there. I never questioned her. She taught me at a very young age that to do that was like committing suicide. I know I am not the only one who has gone through this kind of thing.. Some of you have probably gone through worse. I have spent many hours reading stories of young men and women who have suffered from some sort of abuse. I have read stories of young children being prostituted in foster homes and their parents. I sit and ask myself when does it stop? I have learned that these type of situations leave deep and sometimes permanent scars. Scars that become infected because their never treated. They create cycles that seem to never end.
I cry for the child who must go through what I went through. I weep for the young man who will not be able to eat tonight. I pray for the young woman who has to deal with being assaulted every night and all the time by someone who should be protecting her.
I have seen so many super hero's created. So many have been idolized and looked upon as amazing. They stopped the bank robbers. Yay! They stopped the city from exploding! WOW! Not one of them stopped a child from being abused. A young woman or man from being sold like property to the highest bidder.
Why not? Is that not important? It so is, and it is so.... time!
I have created a Guardian for these beautiful people. I have created a Guardian for those of you who have felt the pain of abuse, of neglect, of life. I admit, I have created a Guardian for the little girl within me, that sits on that couch crying out for love and protection.
Healing starts from within. We all have the power to transcend our circumstances. We all the power to elevate someone else. It is time for us to save our children. It is time to mend broken spirits and wounded hearts. I plan to do it one word at a time. How will you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment