Friday, May 31, 2013

SOMETIMES BEING UNCOMFORTABLE IS A GOOD THING

Sometimes change feels really uncomfortable. Especially if we are uncertain of the outcome. I don't know about you guys, but sometimes when I  feel change occurring in my life, whether it's good or bad,  I get butterflies,  and I start to question and analyze everything!


 I once had a big fear of making  mistakes. I felt like if I made one wrong move, my  life would become too heavy a burden to carry. I hate being uncertain. I hate playing the "what if" game in my mind. It usually only leads to me wasting two or three hours, thinking of every possible scenario that could play out, because of a decision I made.

 You know,  you always hear people say things like, "you are what you think you are" or " if you believe it, you can achieve it." After awhile though these words become cliche. They lose their meaning, and thus you stop believing in their message. Truth is though, the words are true. The power to elevate yourself,  and move past your circumstances,  begins with your ability to believe in who and what you are.

The power to become the person we see in our dreams begins with our willingness to be uncomfortable sometimes. I think of it like this. For nine months a woman carries a child in her womb. For nine months she deals with the  aches that come with pregnancy. She watches her body change and endures the swollen feet, morning sickness, and the endless sleepless nights. She fights through hours of excruciating pain, tears, and fear. Oh, how uncomfortable she must be right?  She's changing!

Then what happens? One day she becomes really uncomfortable. So uncomfortable she feels as though she is losing control. Something within her causes her to begin pushing and breathing through the pain of her labor. Her personal struggle. She bears down and grips her body. She endures the uncomfortable. She gives into it, she  works through it.

Finally, something inside of her releases. She accepts change. She gives birth!

She gives birth, to this beautiful, precious treasure,  that was created and designed just for her!

 Accepting change is very similar to giving birth.   If we accept the change and push through the discomfort, we too will give birth. We will give birth to something that was created and designed  just  for us.

 Sometimes change is good. How will we ever know though,  if we are to afraid to be a little bit
 uncomfortable?

No comments:

Post a Comment